Shift Equipment and Facilities Maintenance Technician
£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high-growth optical communications and optical sensing markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next-generation applications, including artificial intelligence, data-centres and ethernet.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres worldwide.
From our UK-based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early-phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
Our team of over 80 staff are working across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
- Maintain and provide support for all equipment used in wafer fabrication and backend processes.
- Maintain and provide backup support for all facility and plant equipment.
- Both preventative and corrective maintenance as necessary. In some cases, fault finding to component level.
- Reporting, recording, and training as necessary.
- Shift and flexible working are required. results.
- Own equipment OEE including driving continuous improvement.
- Produce, maintain, and work to tool and facilities PM schedules.
- Place orders for spare parts and components to carry out rectification/repair work to equipment and facilities. Also, control and maintain spares stock levels.
- Control and schedule facilities/equipment subcontractors.
- Write relevant documentation such as Preventative Maintenance and recovery procedures.
- Regular communication and feedback, interface with Production Manager and Equipment and Facilities Maintenance Manager.
- Provide feedback to operations team on equipment performance and any foreseen problems. Report on recovery, corrective and preventative action for equipment failures.
- Responsibility for adhering to the Company’s Environmental Policy and Environmental Management System procedures.
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality Management System and Health and Safety Policy are adopted and observed at all times,
- Comply with all necessary equipment PM scheduling/inspection to ensure HSE compliance.
- Participate in CoO initiatives and Lean Manufacturing activities.
- Deliver and promote best practice and quality of workmanship.
- Ideally qualified to at least HNC level with at least 3 years’ experience in academia or industry in a similar role.
- However, recent graduates with an electrical or mechanical engineering degree will also be considered.
- Cleanroom experienced in a similar role desirable.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Open, pragmatic, team player.
- Willingness to support and challenge, and to be supported and challenged.
- An ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Disciplined, diligent and hard working with an eye for detail.
- Excellent telephone manner with proven verbal and written communication skills, demonstrable at all levels of a business.
- Enthusiastic, with a high degree of commitment to personal development, and a passion for achieving success.
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.
Reporting to – Product, Test and Reliability Engineering Manager
Should you meet the qualifications for this role and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected] or upload via the application from below.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We look forward to hearing from you!