Senior Device Engineer
£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high growth optical communications, sensing and wireless markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next generation applications including artificial intelligence, data-centres and quantum technology.
Check out the role overview below If you are confident you have got the right skills and experience, apply today.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres throughout the world.
From our UK based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
We currently employ 77 staff across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced leading edge technology development team as a Senior Device Engineer
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, pragmatic team player to work interface of the development and process teams.
- We are looking for someone who can interpret, improve and implement design and their impact on process requirements from development into production.
- Longer term, individual is expected to become the Technology Platform Owner.
- Assume Technical Lead role with Sivers Photonics customers, ensuring robust management of customer interaction
- Ownership and co-ordination of device designs, process development and prototype manufacturing for technology platform.
- To analyse issues observed in production line and liaise with engineering and process engineers to develop and implement design solutions.
- Act as the key point of contact within development engineering for production to deliver optimised device designs across the full platform for manufacture.
- Develop, enhance and certify production capable fabrication process flows (and/or individual processes).
- Publish technical literature and reports in relation device performance.
- Ensure integrity and traceability of test and sample data.
- A background in physics / electronics / materials test and development.
- Experience in III-V design and process development.
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area.
- Experience of a manufacturing facility would be an advantage.
- Organised, open, pragmatic, team player. Willing to support and challenge the status quo (and to be supported and challenged) to grow support company growth.
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.