£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high growth optical communications, sensing and wireless markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next generation applications including artificial intelligence, data-centres and quantum technology.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres throughout the world.
From our UK based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
We currently employ 77 staff across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
To work with development and production departments to plan and oversee all aspects of Sivers Photonics’ projects, to meet the projects’ goals on time and within budget. This role will require you to organise people, tasks, and resources to bring the projects to a successful conclusion.
- Support the PM activities through the new business bid process.
- Assist the planning and execution of projects and major activities.
- Help defining a project’s scope and goals that are aligned with the product requirements.
- Creating and the on-going management of project documentation and plans; scheduling project timelines using MS Project Professional. Including: Work breakdown structures, Gantt , Critical path analysis, Resource analysis, Slippage, Cost, dashboard creation and reporting.
- Help the coordination of project staff in a matrix organisation.
- Resource planning and allocation.
- Assuring adherence to the project governance requirements.
- Carrying out structured risk and issue assessment and management.
- Managing project administration.
- Meeting budgetary objectives.
- Reporting regularly to the senior leadership team.
- Managing client and stakeholder relationships and communication.
- Tracking project performance.
- Project evaluations and results measurement.
- Degree level education; BSc or BEng or equivalent in Electronics, Physics, or other relevant discipline
- Knowledge of structured project management methodology e.g. Phase Gate; Ideally in a semiconductor (class iii-v desired) or electronics environment is an advantage, but not essential, as on-the-job development will be provided.
- Highly motivated and energetic, with a desire to learn.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Results orientated with sense of urgency, whilst quality conscious.
- Flexible and quick to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to engage with all stakeholders.
- Proven influencing skills, with the ability to bring people along with you.
- Problem solver with a tenacious approach to meeting goals.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.