£TBC | Blantyre, Glasgow | Permanent
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high-growth optical communications and optical sensing markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next-generation applications, including artificial intelligence, datacentres and ethernet.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres worldwide.
From our UK-based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early-phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
Our team of over 80 staff are working across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
We are looking for a Project Accountant to join our Finance team. This is primarily an office-based role, we are looking for an enthusiastic and driven candidate who will join us on our journey to success.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for providing timely financial reporting for our various commercial, collaborative, capital and internal development projects.
- Financial analysis of proposed projects
- Detailed analysis & reporting of monthly project P&Ls versus business case / budget
- Management of monthly IFRS 15 revenue reporting
- Ownership of the company’s grant aided project funding applications & claims
- Capitalisation of development costs according to IAS 38
- Business partnering with non-finance managers to develop processes and the understanding of financial requirements
- Assist with preparation of management accounts, including Stock and WIP
- Involvement in the year end audit process, providing information to external auditors
- Undertake ad hoc financial analysis and project support as required
- Providing support and cover for finance team members
- Part qualified CA/ACCA/CIMA
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight financial deadlines
- Open, pragmatic, team player
- Disciplined, diligent and hard working with an eye for detail
- Enthusiastic, with a high degree of commitment to personal development, and a passion for achieving success
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership
Should you meet the qualifications for this role and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration using the contact form below or email to [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.