£TBC | Blantyre, Glasgow | Permanent
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high-growth optical communications and optical sensing markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next-generation applications, including artificial intelligence, datacentres and ethernet.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres worldwide.
From our UK-based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early-phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
Our team of over 80 staff are working across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
Sivers Photonics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Planning Manager to join our team. As the Planning Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a robust sales and operations planning (S&OP) process to effectively manage demand, inventory, and supply chain for the wafer fab.
- Develop and implement an S&OP process that integrates demand, supply, and inventory planning to optimize capacity utilization, minimize inventory levels, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, production and engineering, teams to gather data and information required for forecasting and planning.
- Analyse demand patterns, production schedules, capacity constraints, inventory levels, and supply chain performance to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and maintain accurate demand forecasts, production plans, inventory targets, and safety stock levels.
- Monitor and report on S&OP performance metrics, such as forecast accuracy, inventory turns, customer service levels, and capacity utilization.
- Lead S&OP meetings to review demand, supply, and inventory plans, identify risks and opportunities, and make decisions to balance demand and supply.
- Develop and maintain effective communication channels with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment and transparency in the S&OP process.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the S&OP process and improve overall business performance.
- Ideally bachelor’s degree in operations management, supply chain management, engineering, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in S&OP or related field, preferably in a high mix, low volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse complex data sets and develop actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other business analysis tools.
- Familiarity with ERP, MRP, and other supply chain management systems.
- Strategic thinker: The ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker with the ability to understand the big picture and develop long-term plans that align with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Analytical mindset: The S&OP Manager should have a strong analytical mindset with the ability to analyse complex data sets and develop actionable insights. They should be able to use data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities to improve the S&OP process.
- Detail-oriented: Given the complexity of the S&OP process, attention to detail is critical. The ideal candidate should have a keen eye for detail and a focus on accuracy.
- Collaborative: The S&OP Manager should have strong collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams. They should be able to build relationships with stakeholders and influence them to achieve consensus and alignment.
- Results-oriented: The S&OP Manager should be results-oriented with the ability to set targets and track progress against those targets. They should be able to prioritize activities and initiatives that have the greatest impact on business performance.
- Adaptable: The ideal candidate should be adaptable and able to navigate change in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. They should be able to adjust plans and processes as needed to respond to changing market conditions or business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills: The S&OP Manager should have excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner. They should be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Leadership skills: Finally, the ideal candidate should have strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams to achieve common goals. They should be able to lead by example and set high standards of performance.
Reporting to – Operations Director
Should you meet the qualifications for this role and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration using the contact form below or email to [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.