£TBC | Blantyre, Glasgow | Permanent
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high-growth optical communications and optical sensing markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next-generation applications, including artificial intelligence, datacentres and ethernet.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres worldwide.
From our UK-based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early-phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
Our team of over 80 staff are working across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
Sivers Photonics is seeking a MES Technician to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Manufacturing Execution System (MES) software and hardware, and supporting production processes in a manufacturing environment. The MES Technician will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure optimal performance of MES solutions.
- Implement and configure MES software and hardware to support manufacturing processes.
- Maintain and monitor MES applications and systems to ensure optimal performance and availability.
- Troubleshoot issues with MES systems and provide timely resolution to minimize production downtime.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand production needs and requirements and recommend MES solutions to improve manufacturing processes.
- Develop and maintain MES documentation, including system specifications, test plans, and user manuals.
- Perform testing, validation, and commissioning of MES systems.
- Train end-users on the proper use of MES systems.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to enhance MES capabilities and optimize manufacturing processes.
- Ideally bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in implementing and maintaining MES solutions in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of MES software and hardware, including design, configuration, testing, and validation.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues and provide timely resolution to minimize production downtime.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with programming languages, databases, and operating systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify issues and development effective solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Integration / Process engineering experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrable ability to analyse data and draw meaningful conclusions to root cause and impact.
- Track record of ability to solve technical problem.
- Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Track record of ability to prepare technical reports, white papers, and present this to internal and external customers.
- Self-driven and motivated, able to drive progress with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines and milestone.
- A positive “I can do” attitude.
Reporting to – Fab Planning Manager
Should you meet the qualifications for this role and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration using the contact form below or email to [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.