£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high growth optical communications, sensing and wireless markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next generation applications including artificial intelligence, data-centres and quantum technology.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres throughout the world.
From our UK based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
We currently employ 77 staff across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Financial Controller to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the Finance Director, our Financial Controller will oversee all aspects of the finance department.
- Responsibility for all internal and external deadlines
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the finance department and line management of the finance team, including finance assistants and accountants
- Ensure that internal controls policies and procedures promote the continued reliability of accounting systems
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts
- Create monthly reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Monitor quarterly revenue forecasts and manage updates
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Ensure that profitability of company is enhanced by robust costing framework
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including cost accounting
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Managing the external audit process ensuring external auditors are provided with all the necessary documentation and support
- Liaising with external tax accountants for tax preparation
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Involvement in financial project work, e.g. implementation of new ERP system
- Assist the FD in presenting timely and accurate reports to management team, stakeholders, and board members
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Excellent relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills
- Management experience and leadership skills
- Experience of Sage
- Experience of various methods of cost accounting
- Experience of ERP / MRP systems
- Energetic, robust and pro-active individual
- Proven track record across financial management, budgetary control, business planning and performance monitoring
- Ability to meet tight financial deadlines
The following qualities are essential for this role:
- Open, pragmatic, team player
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.