£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high growth optical communications, sensing and wireless markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next generation applications including artificial intelligence, data-centres and quantum technology.
Check out the role overview below If you are confident you have got the right skills and experience, apply today.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres throughout the world.
From our UK based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
We currently employ 77 staff across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced leading edge technology development team as CAD Engineer.
- CAD engineer / technician to drive improvements and best practice in semiconductor device design and wafer layout
- We are looking for someone to consolidate a design rule approach to CAD design
- We are looking for someone to be responsible for developing scripts for automated semiconductor device design and wafer layout
- Single point of contact for all CAD designs in the company
- Develop automated scripting software to streamline basic designs
- Work closely with the development and engineering teams to improve and develop CAD layout capabilities
- Design, order, receive, inspect and catalogue photolithography masks used for semiconductor wafer manufacturing
- Mechanical and/or structural CAD design to support the operations team and facilities expansion plans
- A recognised qualification in CAD and Min 2 years’ experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD or L-Edit, or a degree in an Engineering subject that includes CAD experience
- Coding experience, preferably in an object-oriented language, e.g. Python or C++. Experience in scripting for CAD design is desirable
- Experience in CAD for semiconductor device design and/or wafer layout is desirable but not essential
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership
- Team player
- Excellent observational and analytical skills
- Drive to develop knowledge and experience
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.