A world class team looking for a world class colleague !
Are you our new Senior RF Validation Engineer?
Sivers Wireless, a subsidiary to Sivers Semiconductors, develops, manufactures and sells chips, components, modules and subsystems based on advanced technology for 5G millimeter-wave networks. Our cutting-edge technology products enable our customers to offer faster and more reliable connections. We have completed our first generation of mmWave RFICs supporting frequency bands from 24 GHz to 71 GHz and we are now starting the development of our next generation products.
An exciting and challenging position where you get the chance to work with cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art mmWave instruments. Together with skilled colleagues you will develop world-class RFICs for wireless communication. We are now expanding our Gothenburg and Kista lab facilities to increase our test and validation capacity. The labs are well equipped and will during the spring be further updated with new mmWave capable instruments and a new anechoic chamber.
Sivers Wireless is looking for a Senior RF Validation Engineer colleague who shares our passion for perfection, demonstrated by our products in the lab..
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Define the mmWave (24 to 71 GHz) test setups for conducted and over the air (OTA) measurements.
- Together with our design team, define and specify the validation.
- Define test platforms, this includes contribution to or participation in the high frequency PCB Design.
- Understand our state-of-art instruments: network analyzers, spectrum/signal analyzers, vector signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Develop test scripts, mainly in Python.
- Be responsible for the measurements in terms of accuracy, tolerances, calibration, repeatability etc.
- Report results, in written reports including neat and understandable graphs for vast volumes of test data.
- Perform design, assembly, and repair of electrical HW: soldering, basic PCB design.
- Perform fault analysis and troubleshooting.
In your position as Senior RF Validation Engineer, you will also:
- Monitor and report the status and results from the validation.
- Secure that validation results are stored safely and accessibly in databases.
- Perform strategic planning and continuous procurement, including providing budget input. Overview and manage instrumentation calibrations and maintenance.
- Supporting requests for customer support related to HW testing. Here quick deployment, validation, and presentation of results of great importance.
Required qualifications and experiences:
- Deep interest of RF HW testing.
- Several years of validation work including microwave frequency testing experience.
- Telecommunication system knowledge, preferable 3GPP 5GNR and/or IEEE 802.11.
- Test script development in Python.
- Wireless systems fundamentals, e.g. Wi-Fi, WiGig, 3GPP.
- Architecture and design of RF transceivers.
- Subsystem design of LNAs, PAs, mixers, PLLs, LO generation, baseband filters, ADCs, or DACs.
- Analog design fundamentals e.g., OPAMPs, LDOs, oscillators.
- Experience of deep sub-micron CMOS design and/or BiCMOS design.
- Knowledge about mixed-signal design and verification.
- Bring-up and validation of RFIC transceivers. Familiarity with calibration methods.
- Experience of driving chips into volume production.
- Solid understanding of CMOS processes and knowledge of device physics.
- Experience of EDA tools from Cadence, Keysight, ANSYS, and Mentor Graphics.
Kista or Gothenburg
Send to [email protected]. We will continuously review applications.
DOWNLOAD JOB ANNOUNCEMENT (PDF)
Sivers Semiconductors AB is a leading and internationally recognized technology company that, through its two business areas Wireless and Photonics, supplies chips and integrated modules. Wireless develops RF chips and antennas for advanced 5G systems for data and telecommunications networks. Photonics develops and manufactures semiconductor-based optical products for optical fiber networks, sensors and optical fiber communications (Li-Fi). The company is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market Stockholm under SIVE. The head office is located in Kista, Sweden. For more information: www.sivers-semiconductors.com