Senior Product Engineer
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high-growth optical communications and optical sensing markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next-generation applications, including artificial intelligence, data-centres and ethernet.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres worldwide.
From our UK-based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early-phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
Our team of over 80 staff are working across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
- New Product Introduction – pull new products from R&D into Production. Own products / product families during manufacturing through product retirement, including but not limited to product yield and cost.
- Drive production readiness requirements into earlier product phases – alpha and beta products – as necessary to ensure timely and effective transition from R&D to production.
- Champion and drive DfM throughout the business both internally and externally in order to continually improve NPI and manufacturing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor new product development through alpha and beta prototypes to qualification and ensure manufacturing requirements are being met.
- Ensure new products are fit for production prior to handover from R&D.
- Drive yield improvement through data analysis and interaction with Design, Process and Test Engineering teams
- Qualified to at least degree level with at least 5 years’ experience in semiconductor new product introduction, test & manufacturing or development. 10 years’ experience preferred.
- Experience in III-V compound semiconductors and optoelectronics manufacturing and/or design would be advantageous.
- Competent using Microsoft Software including Excel (preferably with VB programming), PowerPoint and Word for windows.
- SAS jmp analysis software experience would be highly advantageous.
- Solid, methodical problem-solving skills with a working knowledge of DFMEA/PFMEA risk prevention technique.
- Expected to be able to manage multiple tasks, on an as needed basis, combining experience of Failure Analysis and statistical analysis.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Open, pragmatic, team player
- Willingness to support and challenge, and to be supported and challenged.
- An ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Disciplined, diligent and hard working with an eye for detail.
- Excellent telephone manner with proven verbal and written communication skills, demonstrable at all levels of a business
- Enthusiastic, with a high degree of commitment to personal development, and a passion for achieving success.
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.
Should you meet the qualifications for this role and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected].
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Product Engineering Manager