£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
Sivers Photonics also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
Sivers Photonics are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 65 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
To work with development and production departments to plan and oversee all aspects of Sivers Photonics’ projects, to meet the projects’ goals on time and within budget. This role will require you to organise people, tasks, and resources to bring the projects to a successful conclusion.
- Leading the planning and implementation of projects.
- Defining a project’s scope and goals that are aligned with the product requirements.
- Planning and scheduling project timelines using MS Project Professional. Including: Work breakdown structures, Gantt , Critical path analysis, Resource analysis, Slippage, Cost, dashboard creation and reporting.
- Coordinating project staff.
- Resource planning and allocation.
- Quality assurance.
- Carrying out structured risk and issue assessment and management.
- Managing project administration, including all documentation.
- Meeting budgetary objectives.
- Reporting regularly to senior management.
- Managing client and stakeholder relationships and communication.
- Tracking project performance.
- Project evaluations and results measurement
- Degree qualified with at least three years’ experience of managing New Product Introductions (NPI) using a phase gate/waterfall project management methodology. Ideally in a semiconductor (class iii-v desired) or electronics environment.
- Flexible and quick to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to bring people along with you.
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership