Epitaxy Engineer/Senior Epitaxy Engineer (MOCVD)
£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
Sivers Photonics also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
Sivers Photonics are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 65 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
Own all MOCVD processes– including but not limited to process library, SPC, daily checks, process development, optimisation and sustaining. Including all related metrology.
Drive process readiness for production to continually improve NPI and manufacturing efficiency and effectiveness. Support transition of new processes and products from R&D to production.
Own process yield and support end-to-end yield improvement through improved process integration and collaboration with other process engineers, product engineering and R&D.
- Establish continuous improvement of product and mechanical yields by process characterisation, standardisation on best practices and application of effective SPC.
- Take ownership for process equipment, and report KPI’s.
- Manage and execute assigned projects.
- Own and deliver improvements in assigned process / equipment responsibilities.
- Project manage new processes in conjunction with Development Engineering.
- Develop, from concept through qualification to production, new processes: e.g Compound semiconductor processing on 3” and 4” substrates
- Ensure engineering documentation and procedures comply with ISO 9001 and most demanding customer requirements.
- Work as part of Operations team to ensure timely delivery of high quality products.
- Publish technical literature and reports in relation to process innovations and be primary link with internal and external product design as appropriate.
- Manage process to suitable production release for inclusion into the company library.
- Qualified to at least degree level with at least 5 years’ experience in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Experience of developing/implementing new MOCVD growth processes.
- Experience in III-V compound semiconductors and optoelectronics specifically MOCVD growth would be an advantage.
- Experience in the use of Aixtron MOCVD reactors
- Organised, open, pragmatic, team player. Willing to support and challenge the status quo (and to be supported and challenged) to grow support company growth.
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.
Director of Process Engineering