£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
Sivers Photonics also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
Sivers Photonics are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 65 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced leading edge technology development team.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, pragmatic team player to work at the interface of the development and process teams.
- We are looking for someone who can interpret, improve and implement design and their impact on process requirements from development into production.
- Longer term, individual is expected to become the Technology Platform Owner.
- Assume Technical Lead role with Sivers Photonics customers, ensuring robust management of customer interaction
- Ownership and co-ordination of device designs, process development and prototype manufacturing for technology platform.
- To analyse issues observed in production line and liaise with engineering and process engineers to develop and implement design solutions.
- Act as the key point of contact within development engineering for production to deliver optimised device designs across the full platform for manufacture.
- Develop, enhance and certify production capable fabrication process flows (and/or individual processes).
- Publish technical literature and reports in relation device performance.
- Ensure integrity and traceability of test and sample data.
- A background in physics / electronics / materials test and development.
- Experience in III-V design and process development.
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area.
- Experience of a manufacturing facility would be an advantage.
- Organised, open, pragmatic, team player. Willing to support and challenge the status quo (and to be supported and challenged) to grow support company growth.
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.