Senior Test Engineer
£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high growth optical communications, sensing and wireless markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next generation applications including artificial intelligence, data-centres and quantum technology.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres throughout the world.
From our UK based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
We currently employ 77 staff across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
We have a requirement for a Product Test Engineer within our Product, Test and Reliability Engineering Team.
- Maintain and provide support for all associated optical/electrical test and characterisation equipment and systems through wafer fabrication and assembly.
- Assist with development and installation of new test and characterisation equipment & systems, both hardware and software.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of MES in test and assembly.
- Test and characterisation data interrogation and analysis.
- Develop and implement software script / protocols to automate data interrogation and analysis, WIP planning and reporting.
- Provide technical support to test operators on both hardware and software issues.
- Evaluation of new test requirements.
- Maintenance and development of existing test system’s software & hardware.
- Running and maintenance of data analysis software.
- Writing relevant documentation.
- Regular interface with all other Engineering functions.
- Provide feedback to engineering team on equipment performance and any operation problems.
- Analysis of test data to optimise product test yields.
- Qualified to at least degree level, preferably with 1-3 years’ post-grad experience in academia or industry however recent graduates will be considered as a Junior Test Engineer.
- Competent using Microsoft Software including Excel (preferably with VB programming), PowerPoint and Word for windows.
- LabVIEW programming skills would be advantageous.
- SAS jmp software experience is desired but not essential.
- Knowledge of Measurement Systems Analysis including Gauge R&R studies
- Demonstrate solid, methodical problem solving skills
- Open, pragmatic, team player. Willing to support and challenge (and to be supported and challenged). Not constrained by perceived barriers.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.