£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high growth optical communications, sensing and wireless markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next generation applications including artificial intelligence, data-centres and quantum technology.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres throughout the world.
From our UK based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
We currently employ 77 staff across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
Sivers Photonics is engaging with a number of Tier 1 customers in product development. These customers are anticipated to be the engine of growth for SP. The product quality and supplier QMS requirements of these customers are beyond the current company system capability. Failure to meet these requirements may limit business development opportunities for these key customers.
- A Quality Engineering resource is required to help develop improved systems and processes at the same time as driving day-to-day continuous improvement activities.
- The Quality Engineer would be expected to:
- Provide direct support to operations and engineering in quality related matters.
- Carry out and report on Supplier Quality and Customer Quality activities.
- Maintain and improve quality system processes.
- Work with operations and engineering functions to ensure compliance to quality standards
- Work with manufacturing and engineering functions to improve quality and timeliness of Corrective Action activities
- Support supplier quality audit and quality improvement activities
- Support internal quality audit activities
- Support document control and calibration activities
- Maintain and improve data collection and KPIs for quality activities
- Maintain and improve quality system processes and procedures
General level: Early career, with some experience.
A person with some experience of working within a more mature organisation would bring added value along with the confidence to challenge existing practices.
- HND or equivalent experience in a relevant industry (Hi-tech/pharma)
- Experience in a similar role in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience implementing and using continuous improvement methodologies (Lean/Six Sigma/5S etc.)
- Experience using structured problem solving methods and quality toolkit
- ISO9001:2015 and/or internal auditor training and experience
- Proficiency in common software packages, particularly Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of data analysis
- Basic knowledge of the fabrication and operation of semiconductor devices
- Knowledge and experience of IATF 16949 quality management system
- Open, pragmatic, team player.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- High personal drive to effectively support, problem solve, learn new techniques
- Willing to support and challenge (and to be supported and challenged).