Epitaxy Engineer/Senior Epitaxy Engineer (MOCVD)
£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics (a subsidiary of Sivers Semiconductors AB) is the world’s most advanced supplier of customised III-V compound semiconductor laser devices, which are critical to high growth optical communications, sensing and wireless markets. Our photonic laser devices are enabling next generation applications including artificial intelligence, data-centres and quantum technology.
We are a key strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers and collaborate with leading academic institutions and industry research centres throughout the world.
From our UK based foundry near Glasgow, Scotland, we provide end-to-end design, manufacture and qualification for early phase prototypes and high-volume production, supporting up to 100mm wafer sizes on InP, GaAs, GaSb and GaN substrates.
We currently employ 77 staff across roles in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test, as well as in various commercial roles.
Own all MOCVD processes– including but not limited to process library, SPC, daily checks, process development, optimisation and sustaining. Including all related metrology.
Drive process readiness for production to continually improve NPI and manufacturing efficiency and effectiveness. Support transition of new processes and products from R&D to production.
Own process yield and support end-to-end yield improvement through improved process integration and collaboration with other process engineers, product engineering and R&D.
- Establish continuous improvement of product and mechanical yields by process characterisation, standardisation on best practices and application of effective SPC.
- Take ownership for process equipment, and report KPI’s.
- Manage and execute assigned projects.
- Own and deliver improvements in assigned process / equipment responsibilities.
- Project manage new processes in conjunction with Development Engineering.
- Develop, from concept through qualification to production, new processes: e.g Compound semiconductor processing on 3” and 4” substrates
- Ensure engineering documentation and procedures comply with ISO 9001 and most demanding customer requirements.
- Work as part of Operations team to ensure timely delivery of high quality products.
- Publish technical literature and reports in relation to process innovations and be primary link with internal and external product design as appropriate.
- Manage process to suitable production release for inclusion into the company library.
- Qualified to at least degree level with at least 5 years’ experience in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Experience of developing/implementing new MOCVD growth processes.
- Experience in III-V compound semiconductors and optoelectronics specifically MOCVD growth would be an advantage.
- Experience in the use of Aixtron MOCVD reactors
- Organised, open, pragmatic, team player. Willing to support and challenge the status quo (and to be supported and challenged) to grow support company growth.
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.
Director of Process Engineering