£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Sivers Photonics is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
Sivers Photonics also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
Sivers Photonics are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 65 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
The main focus of the role is to provide timely financial reporting and decision support for our various commercial, collaborative, capital and internal development projects.
Reporting to the FC, this role will be responsible for:
- Financial analysis of proposed projects
- Detailed analysis & reporting of monthly project P&Ls versus business case / budget
- Management of monthly sales reporting (actual and forecast) and IFRS15 revenue adjustments
- Administration & co-ordination the company’s grant aided project funding applications and claims
- Capitalisation of development costs according to IAS 38
- Detailed analysis & reporting of departmental costs versus Budget
- Business partnering with non-finance managers to develop processes and the understanding of financial requirements
- Developing financial systems to make processes more efficient
- Assisting with preparation of management accounts, including inputting necessary accruals & prepayments, journals, variance analysis and process improvements, within required deadlines
- Assisting with preparation of the year end accounts and provision of audit information
- Undertake ad hoc financial analysis and project support as required
- Providing support and cover for finance team members
- Qualified accountant CA/ACCA/CIMA preferable
- Demonstrated commercial awareness and business acumen
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight financial deadlines
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.
- Honesty, Integrity, Reliability