Planning and Procurement Lead
Sivers Photonics develops and manufactures III-V compound semiconductor lasers devices critical to high growth, optical communications, sensing and wireless markets. Our custom foundry provides end to end design, prototype, high-volume manufacture and qualification testing
Our core capability in custom, Indium Phosphide (InP) laser source design and manufacture is recognised world-wide and we are a key, strategic supplier to many Fortune 100 and Silicon Valley customers.
Sivers Photonics are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ circa 70 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication, back-end assembly and test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
As a key member of the Operations team, the Planning & Procurement Lead will demonstrate ownership of production planning & control, resource planning & stock control, supply chain and the Manufacturing Execution System (MES). Drive supply chain cost effectiveness whilst maintaining flexibility, responsivity and cash flow. Own functional KPI, report progress & performance, and supervise direct reports.
- Produce and maintain the Monthly Production Plan and Production Forecast (minimum 3 months, preferably 6 months look ahead) and communicate to stakeholders to facilitate resource and material forecasting, track and report progress and accuracy including any changes (deviations / amendments) to management in a timely and effective manner, support Production Manager to drive recovery when slippage occurs.
- Plan and monitor inventory throughput the end-to-end production process, including sub-contractors, to meet customer demand. Ensure sub-contractors do not expose Sivers Photonics to excess material liability.
- Manage Supply Chain; suppliers and sub-contractors, to deliver maximum efficiency and effectiveness to support OTD of Production Plan.
- Drive cost effectiveness throughput the supply chain whilst maintaining flexibility and work with Finance to maintain positive cash position (manage working capital / stock holding vs MOQ and unit price).
- Analyse historical data to better predict future performance and input to production capacity model and bottleneck capacity calculations. Identify potential improvements in unit cost, WIP/inventory management and cycle time, work with stakeholders to realise said improvements.
- Work with operations to maintain consumable and raw material inventory / supply to ensure no line down incidents whilst driving cost down without over committing on inventory (unit price vs volume).
- In-conjunction with Quality Manager, score suppliers and sub-contractors quarterly, work with suppliers and sub-contractors to improve scorecards for Quality, Cost & Delivery (QCD).
- Supplier / sub-contractor selection, evaluation and assessment including identifying potential 2nd source opportunities, work with Quality and Engineering to assess and qualify second sources where business needs or QCD warrants.
- Maintain and develop MES to best support the business needs.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of KPI such as actual vs plan, scorecards, inventory and cost reduction initiatives.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent organisational and negotiation and skills.
- Excellent communicator; both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially strong Excel skills) and MRP/ERP Systems.
- Appropriate vocational qualifications and/or degree plus 5-10 years’ demonstrable relevant experience.
- Experience in low to medium volume, high mix production preferred.
- Experience in semiconductor fabrication and supply chain is advantageous.
- Open, pragmatic, team player.
- Willing to support and challenge (and to be supported and challenged). Not constrained by perceived barriers.
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Able to set an example and willing to be held accountable – take ownership.