Marketing and Communications Manager
Sivers Photonics is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
Sivers Photonics also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
Sivers Photonics are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ circa 70 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
The Marketing and Communications Manager at Sivers Photonics will be responsible for driving the marketing effort to support targeted engagement with both new and existing customers across global Fibre Optics and Optical Sensing sectors.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director the manager will work closely with the wider team and external business stakeholders to proactively drive plans, activities, and engagement in support of the company growth strategy.
- Planning and delivery of all Sivers Photonics marketing campaigns, that result in a steady stream of new customer opportunities and overall business growth.
- Increase awareness of Sivers Photonics with target customer groups through a mix of PR, events, digital, advertising, videos, case studies, and other appropriate channels.
- Research, plan and organise company participation in key global events and exhibitions, creating a calendar of activities for the sales and technical teams.
- Design and execute digital marketing and social media campaigns, owning the Sivers Photonics website including the creation of engaging new content.
- Transformation from spreadsheet culture to digital marketing processes, utilising salesforce and recommending options for add-ons, apps, and enhancements.
- Create all documents, presentations, and partner information literature both for print and digital use, including high impact press releases for investor information.
- Understand and interpret highly technical content to distil the key messages to different audience types in a simple but effective way.
- Report on key metrics that give insight to the management team of marketing effectiveness.
- Create and implement a structured marketing plan across multiple sectors/channels,
- Report on KPIs on a weekly/monthly/annual basis,
- Plan and manage all arrangements for global events and exhibitions,
- Understand markets and create customer profiles, using market reports and data to determine most effective marketing mix,
- Evaluate current marketing activities and materials, making decisions about effectiveness, and plan to continuously improve,
- Work closely with the sales and business development team, helping drive new business to Sivers Photonics while nurturing and retaining existing customers,
- Organise and manage the company CRM system from a marketing perspective, ensuring customer information is updated, and new leads are logged/assigned,
- Creation of sales materials including presentations, playbooks, spec sheets, distributor/partner materials, and company documents as required,
- Lead on press activity including building strong relationships with key media to gain coverage in both national and international trade media,
- Manage all company communications and official PR, ensuring compliance to stakeholder information requirements and regulations.
- Occasional travel to global events and exhibitions,
- Any other reasonable task as part of the role.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a relevant industry sector,
- Web design competency, SEO and social media expertise,
- Design skills, with an ability to create high quality presentations, visuals, brochures, newsletters, electronic publications, and experience with various design packages.
- Social skills, with an aptitude for engaging with a wide range of individuals, including agencies, customers, colleagues, investors, and senior management.
- Ability to organise and project manage a range of international marketing activities,
- Knowledge of the relevant photonics or semiconductor background would be an advantage, but not necessary if the skills support an ability to learn quickly and be able to interpret the relevant points,
- Salesforce CRM knowledge would also be an advantage, with the ability to integrate a range of add-ons that retain the end-to-end process within Salesforce.
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.
- A highly proactive and organised individual, able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise from day to day and hour to hour in a fast-paced communications role,
- Someone who loves working with people,
- A team player with energy and drive to accomplish targets and objectives,
- Comfortable in a business with an advanced start-up culture.
Sales and Marketing Director