Sivers Photonics is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
Sivers Photonics also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
Sivers Photonics are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ circa 70 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
The Financial Controller is a key role in the company, and you will work closely with the Financial Director (FD) to oversee all aspects of the finance department.
- Responsibility for all internal and external deadlines
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the finance department including line management
- Ensure that internal controls policies and procedures promote the continued reliability of accounting systems
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts
- Create monthly reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Ensure that profitability of company is enhanced by robust costing framework
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including cost accounting
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Involvement in financial project work, e.g. implementation of new ERP system
- Assist the FD in presenting timely and accurate reports to management team, stakeholders, and board members
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Excellent relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills
- Management experience and leadership skills
- Experience of Sage Line 50 Financial Controller
- Experience of various methods of cost accounting
- Experience of ERP / MRP systems
- Energetic, robust and pro-active individual
- Proven track record across financial management, budgetary control, business planning and performance monitoring
- Ability to meet tight financial deadlines
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.
- Open, pragmatic, team player